Have you checked out the exciting deals we have happening for Fall Back-to-School??
Up to 50% off on
Gessobord – Claybord – Scratchbord
Primed Smooth – Canvas Texture
The #1 panel for Oils and Acrylics!
Ampersand’s Museum Series Gessobord is the most trusted pre-gessoed wood panel by artists for their work! The superior quality acrylic gesso ground does not dull colors and the lightly sanded surface provides exceptional brush control. This makes Gessobord the perfect art panel for all painting styles with oil paints, acrylics and mixed media!
- Superior quality artist-grade acrylic gesso!
- Slight, even surface texture allows for ideal brush control and even tonal values without distracting from your image
- Delicate enough for fluid brush strokes, portraits, and tight detail work
- Can hold heavy applications of paint without the “bounce” of canvas
- Tough enough to hold the most rigorous palette knife painting and collage
Superior Performance with Mixed Media!
Ampersand’s simply amazing kaolin clay ground formula is similar in paintability to the clay gesso grounds used during the Renaissance. The surface is sanded to an ULTRA-smooth, highly absorbent finish so your paint colors remain true and brilliant. Work the surface by thinly applying paint or ink, then remove it, reapply it, even scratch through it to add contrast, texture and fine details. Claybord is a favorite of both fine and graphic artists!
- Great for use with ink, graphite, acrylic, gouache, collage, egg tempera, airbrush, and more!
- Unlimited Techniques — etching, erasing, reworking, adding color and scratching it away!
- Seal and frame without glass!
- Similar to chalk/gypsum gessoed panels of the Renaissance used for egg tempera and oils
- pH neutral, acid-free clay coating sanded to an ultra-smooth and absorbent finish
The Professional’s Choice for Scratchboard!
Unlike paper scratch boards, Scratchbord will not rip, tear, bend, or wrinkle! Scratchbord is a clay coated hardboard panel for scratchboard that is coated with India ink. Comparable to traditional paper scratchboard, except better – it’s more durable and easier to scratch into for cleaner and crisper details and lines!
- Unlike paper scratch boards, Scratchbord will not rip, tear, bend, or wrinkle
- A variety of marks and textures can be made using Scratchbord tools
- Add vibrant color using Ampersand’s Claybord/Scratchbord Inks
- Completely repairable by reapplying India Ink to scratch marks
- Seal finished artwork to eliminate fingerprints and to hide repairs, then frame without glass!
- Kaolin clay ground with India Ink coating on top
Artist Panel Unprimed Basswood
A Quality Wood Panel Designed to Perform and Made to Last!
Are you frustrated with the quality of many wood panels? Compared with other raw surfaces on the market, Ampersand’s Unprimed Basswood painting panel is free of plywood seams, knots or troublesome raised fibers providing the cleaner, more professional look that artists want!
- Sturdy 4mm premium basswood surface supplies superb durability when compared with other plywood panels
- No bothersome fiber raising – Easy to seal and prime to a smooth finish
- No seams, distinct knots or “football patches”
- Available in two cradled profiles in sizes from 4” x 4” to 18″ x 24″
- Ampersand quality at an affordable price
Artist Panel Primed Smooth
A Smooth Finish Option for Oil and Acrylic Painters!
Do you prefer a smooth surface to paint on? Would you like to add more detail to your artwork? Then try Ampersand’s Artist Panel – Primed Smooth, a high-quality, 1/8″ painting panel coated with an ultra-smooth acid-free acrylic gesso primer!
- Ideal for all painting styles, especially highly detailed paintings and drawings
- Perfect for oils and acrylics – but also great for pencil, collage, graphic markers, ink and much more!
- Ultra-smooth ready-to-paint panel is coated with acrylic gesso
- Sides of cradles are beautifully primed
- Great for pouring and multi-media!
Artist Panel Canvas Texture
Performs Like a Panel, Feels Like Canvas!
Do you want more control over your paint application and truer brighter colors? Then try Ampersand’s Artist Panel – Primed Canvas Texture, a high-quality painting panel primed with acid-free acrylic gesso!
- The familiar canvas texture makes this a great introduction to panel painting!
- Ready-to-paint panel coated with acrylic gesso and ideal for use with oil and acrylic paints.
- Excellent for palette knife painting
- Available in three profiles in sizes from 4” x 4” to 18″ x 24″