Top 10 reasons to paint on Ampersand Unprimed Basswood
1. No preparation needed in order to start with encaustics. If you’re looking to try encaustics or need a dependable, solid panel for your artwork, look no further.
2. Wide open to accept any type of ground: glue size, acrylic gesso, and oil-based or alkyd primers. However, raw wood panels should be sealed first before applying any ground to prevent support-induced discoloration. Read more on priming unprimed panels here.
3. Free of seams, large knots, and raised fibers. Each panel is selected from the finest premium basswood.
4. Smooth finish with limited wood grain that has been sanded to perfection.
5. Available in sizes up to 48x72 and in three profiles 7/8", 1.5", and 2.5"
6. Great for mounting canvas, paper, and giclées. The smooth finish is perfect for mounting other art, prints, or canvas and readily accepts most adhesives.
7. Ideal for intricate wood engraving, mixed media, painting, altered art, and more.
8. Superior dimension stability sturdy 4mm plywood with solid pine cradles outperforms all other brands of plywood panels.
9. Easy to hang and frame. Attach hanging hardware to the cradle of the panel and you’re ready to go. See ideas on how to treat the edges of the cradle here.
10. Like all Ampersand products, Unprimed Basswood is fully tested for durability and best performance with artists' paints.